Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Stubborn Heart (Excerpt)

Excerpt from My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade: Prologue


The last excerpt I put up was Lover Awakened and I put it up after the review. So, for my second excerpt, I thought I'd switch things up. Since I still have a long list of books to review, typing up the excerpt was easier since I could write the reviews on the plane but I had to return the book before the trip. So here's a snippet of the prologue which I thought was a great opening to the book. Maybe this will make the book seem more interesting and you'll want to check it out. I highly recommend it! I'll try to have the review up by the end of this week to mid-next week before camp starts! Enjoy~

Read my review here: My Stubborn Heart (coming soon!)

There once was a girl who'd been praying for a husband since fourth grade. Over the years she'd prayed for his health, his happiness his protection, and-okay- sometimes his good looks. She'd prayed that she would meet him when she was meant to.

Except that she hadn't.

She'd been avidly expecting and watching for him for all this time, from the fourth grade straight up to the age of thirty one. And though she tried hard to be positive, the truth was that she'd grown tired of waiting. Tired of dating. Tired of breaking off just two bananas from the bunch at the grocery store. Tired of the singles group at church. Tired of living alone.

Worse, she was beginning to doubt that her nameless, faceless husband existed at all. Maybe, late at night in her kid bed, her college, her adult single woman bed, she'd been praying for someone who wasn't coming. Ever.

... (skipped some paragraphs)

There once was a mother who'd been praying double hard for her son ever since he'd stop praying for himself.

... (skipped some paragraphs)

In the years since, he'd retreated inside himself to a place where none of his family or friends could reach him. So his mother prayed. She prayed that God wouldn't forget about him, this son of her, who's gained and lost the world in just a third of his lifetime. She prayed that God would send someone who could find him and save him from his prison of grief. And she prayed that maybe, somehow, in time, his heard would soften and he'd find love again.


Funny thing about prayers. God hears them. But you just never know if, when, or how He's going to answer them.


Foreverly Obsessed, 
Riv




No comments:

Post a Comment