Monday, October 7, 2013

Music Monday: Make It Up

Hey guys, so for this week's Music Monday I'm reviewing Sam Tsui's song Make It Up. Remember when I said I was probably going to go through his new album? Well here's the second song! Let's get right to it!

Does it look like I've got everything under control?
I'm good at faking it

The ice is getting thin, but I'm the only one who knows
I'm good at making it up

So that's the first verse. At first, I was really confused about what he was singing up but then quickly it realized it was about just living life and making things up along the way.

I've got a little confession
I don't know what I'm doing

But if you want, you can play along
Maybe I'll wake to find that I went and blew it
But 'til I do, I'll keep going strong
I make it up as I go, oh oh oh
I make it up as I go, oh oh oh
Still haven't gotten it wrong

Continuing on the idea of making things up along the way. While I don't 100% agree with winging things all the time, it's good to have some practice in being creative and making it up. My favorite part about the chorus is "Maybe I'll wake to find that I went and blew it, but 'til I do I'll keep going strong," which centers around not being held down by your mistakes, learning from them, and going strong!

That's my review for the week! If you haven't checked out the first review in the album click here.

Listen and let me know your comments down below!!

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment