Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Dollhouse Asylum

The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray
ISBN: 1937053644
Pages: 296
Appearance:

Summary:
A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival.
At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world.
The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along.
If they play it right, then they'll be safe.
But if they play it wrong, they'll die.


EEK! New banner again! Just in case anyone was wondering, I get my pictures off Google Images OR Tumblr and use random online editors to add the words. So these are not my pictures, though I'd love to draw/design some one day...when I get more time.

Anyway, I forgot which blog I was reading when I cam across if, but it just hooked me in at first sight. I got to read an excerpt via Shelfari Amazon and it was done, I was officially deep in want. To be honest, zombie/virus epidemic type of books aren't really my cup of tea. But I just think, from the summary that this takes everything to a different level, a new twist. Elysian Fields, if you guys didn't know, is the Greek section of the Underworld for heroes and martyrs, basically it's Heaven, but in the Underworld cause all dead Greek people go to the Underworld...yeah, so Heaven is also down there ↓. Cheyenne, according to the cover, gets renamed Persephone, also known as Goddess of the Underworld, and is told to pass certain tests that will allow her to continue living in this "Heaven." If she doesn't pass, she'll die. 

So on top of the plot, the cover also looks amazing! The girl has this sort of haunted and controlled look about her and there are cracks all over her face. It just looks so cool!! I'm really bummed that my library hasn't gotten hold of this book yet, but it was published about a month ago, so I guess they don't get newly published books as quickly. I'm debating whether or not to buy it on the Nook. Now that I'm thinking about it, this would be a great book for my English MP2 essential question: How much control do we have over our life?

Well, while I wait on this book, I recently "bought" Dollhouse (Book 1) by Anya Allyn for free on Amazon. The story plot sounds a bit different, but maybe I can use that as a "filler" read for now until I can get my hands on this book...they're both somewhat about dollhouses?

That's it for now! Thanksgiving is almost here!!! Run turkeys run! 

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment