Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Endless

Endless by Amanda Gray
ISBN: 9781939765 
Pages: 384
Appearance:
18157967

Summary:
Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.
When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.
Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back. 
While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.


Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. Today I have my first book review where the book is from NetGalley.com. For those of you who don’t know, NetGalley is this really cool website where you can request books from the publisher or author and if you are approved you get to “check out” the book with an archive date set by the pub/author. So this was my first book and I decided to upload the review on the day that it’s set to be “archived.” So without further ado, let’s get into the review!

There was something about Endless that just gave it a mystic and haunting atmosphere that you find yourself enveloped in at the first page. There’s no slow and easy intro, the book just hits the ground running. Everything starts in a room with a bunch of teens and an Ouija board and things move on from there.

When I first read the summary of the book, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It sounded like a romance with a twist in it and I was all in to give it a go. Wow was I wrong because this is a romance with a huge major freakishly ginormous twist. I absolutely loved the historical aspects along with the time travel and the Order and everything.

Jenny was our heroine and what I liked most about her was that she didn’t jump into conclusions. She was level-headed and willing to think things through before freaking out. I loved her interactions with Ben because he was such a jerk to her at the beginning but she was so persistent and determined that slowly he came out of his cold shell and they formed an unlikely friendship. I do admit that her relationship with Nikolai was a bit faster paced than I would have thought a “level-headed” person would opt for, but they did know each other once upon a dream. (Get my reference there?) But it was a really sweet romance and I did enjoy reading it very much.

The Order, such a mysterious name. The creation of this, the building of the elusive Order that “helped those out of time” was super appealing and added a lot of excitement and tension to the story. I did wish that the Order could have been more explained or more “present” in the story. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the mysterious aspect to it, but when it really came down to rescuing ______ (I’m trying to avoid spoilers…) I felt like I didn’t know enough about them.

There were parts in this book that made me cry a lot. Yes I am a book crier and I’m not ashamed of it. I don’t want to necessarily say what parts made me cry to avoid giving away too much, but Amanda Gray created some really touching scenes and the writing was amazing. I really really really hope that there is a second book because the ending did leave me hanging and I want to know what happens next. So I definitely recommend this to any fantasy, time travel, romance, Romanov loving reader because it definitely does a good job in combining all those factors together. If you do read it, please let me know what you think in the comments below!


3.7 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv


No comments:

Post a Comment