Saturday, March 8, 2014

Premeditated

ISBN: 0385743297
Pages: 336
Appearance:
13446537

Summary:
A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists.
Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why.
Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.
Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.
Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage.
Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire.
By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.


Omgerd guys, from the moment I found this book on Fiction Freak's blog I absolutely knew that I had to pick it up! And let me just say, I was 110% correct!! 

Okay at a first glance, some people might feel slightly disturbed at the intensity of Dinah's reaction towards her cousin Claire cutting her wrist. I mean, literally planning the end of someone is a pretty intense and scary. Then there's me, I was completely hooked in by that very plot idea. I'm just a weirdo like that. This was a twist on YA fiction that I have never seen before. I loved getting into Dinah's brain and learning of how she planned to execute revenge. Revenge in Dinah's words is something that takes time, planning, and patience. You have to admit at some point that Dinah is definitely something. To plan and wait for the right minute to strike back takes a lot of skill AND the main drive is her cousin who is lying in a hospital bed comatose.

When you're first introduced to Brooks Walden aka the Target, you're not surprised; he's the "It Boy" and he's good looking. After about 20-30% of the book you begin to question if Dinah even has the right guy. He definitely fits Claire's description of perfect, but he seems so innocent and a genuinely nice person. I'll admit, I was a tad bit disappointed when Dinah began to have 0.00001% of feeling for Brooks because a) that'd be totally off track and b) it would become so clichéd!! At the same time, it was really fun to read because Dinah would do her best to act nonchalant and her personality was really enjoyable.

When Dinah takes on this "predator's" disguise, she has got some back-up. Enter Tabitha and Brucey. While they are classified by society as "bad," they are seriously some of the coolest friends I have ever read about. They are super supportive and don't miss a second of the action. They're with Dinah every second of the way and take part in a lot of her schemes to take Brooks down. I absolutely loved their characters, the bicker and banter was so fun to read. They definitely made the book a lot more enjoyable. Not that it wasn't, but they added more.

I have to say that the ending did shock me. I began to have my doubts somewhere around 50% of the book about Brooks but the ending definitely took me by surprised. Needless to say, it was phenomenon and I loved it. While this is a YA fiction, it definitely taught me some lessons. A) The bond of family is something to be treasured. B) Never underestimate the power of grief. C) Sometimes the ones closest to you are the ones who stab you the hardest. D) Revenge to some extent is pretty darn sweet.

That's it for my review, I highly highly recommend this to everyone reading this because it is seriously amazing! I am already planning to pick up other works by Josin L. McQuein (ARCLIGHT SERIES BOOK 1&2). If you do read this please let me know in the comments below what you thought!!


By the end of trig, I had figured out no less than twenty ways to kill Brooks Walden before he left the room.

I was ice - a plastic, perfect doll.

Everything about Lowry screamed privilege and perfection, while everything inside me screamed terror and fury.

When you're keeping secrets, a self-professed anarchist who believes password-protected files are the seeds of a totalitarian regime is not the guy you tell secrets to.

Do it right and the blood will be on their hands. (dun Dun DUNNN!)

4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment