Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spellcaster

ISBN: 0061961205
Pages: 389
Appearance:
12700790

Summary:
When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he’s seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed. 
Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family’s terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them.


Helloooo everybody! So, if you guys didn't know book two in this series just came out a couple of weeks ago on March 4. Yah, random book nerd trivia :) Anyway, this book was so cool, so captivating, I finished it one sitting, and so forth. Let's get into the review!!

First of all, please please everybody the cover! It's sooo pretty and haunting looking. I haven't picked up a witch based book in quite a while so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Also, I've read a short story by Claudia Gray in the Enthralled (Giovanni's Farewell) which I thought was an okay story but it wasn't my favorite. BUT let me tell you, this book definitely changed my point of view on her writing. The story was addicting and I couldn't even put it down. I started it right before going to bed and the next day, I bsed my homework to finish it. Yeah...that's how addicted I was...

Nadia was an okay character, I honestly liked Verlaine better.  But anyway, Nadia I guess you could say she was a strong character. But some of her actions were seriously flat out stupid. If there's a car in a ditch and the driver was still conscious would you really levitate it out knowing that you're exposing yourself right there? It just didn’t strike me as the smartest thing a person could do. Other than her lack of ability to make some smart choices, she was a pretty awesome character to read about. Right from the beginning, you knew that Nadia has a lot of potential. Just from the first couple of chapters, you just get this sense. What made Nadia different from other teen witches that I’ve read about and that’s not a lot, but she seemed a lot more human. She had grown up with the knowledge of her magic, but her training was incomplete after her mother left with another man. As Nadia grows in her magic, she doesn’t distant herself from her family, but you can still see this strong family connection that just warms your heart ya know?

Verlaine, personality wise, was definitely my favorite character. She just seemed more easy to get along with. With her aloof attitude and snarky comments, it was really hard to not love her. When the bad witch hurt her, I was literally dying because I just loved Verlaine so much. So let’s move on to Mateo. Um…how do I describe him? He’s very loyal, that’s for one, but I felt that he was just really ignorant. Once everything began to piece together, he still stubbornly refused to see the truth. He just couldn’t accept that sometimes the closest people are the ones who will betray you the most. Other than that, he was okay.

I really liked the whole idea of a cursed town that dates all the way back to the colonial era. Claudia Gray did an amazing job weaving together past events with the present. It was very hauntingly cool, to put it mildly. The creating of the craft that Nadia is part of was also really well created, if that makes any sense. As Nadia discovers her true potential, you get to learn it with her which was pretty cool. The ending was pretty darn awesome. I loved it and I would say that I was fine with the cliffhanger, but at the same time, I am close to tearing out my hair because of it. Very very mixed feelings. Definitely definitely recommend it, it’s a super fun read full of suspense and magic that just pulls you in!

3.5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv


1 comment:

  1. My passion for love and life has made me to take to the internet to
    warn internet users particularly those in search of solution to their
    problems to beware of and avoid comments about spell caster that can
    use their magical power in helping you out with your problems. I don't
    want anyone to be fooled because i was a victim of this fraudsters
    who claimed to be spell casters. I am Jake Morgan and i was having
    a difficult time in my relationship as my wife couldn't give birth to a
    child. Although my wife and i loved each other very much as it were.We kept on
    hoping and for 6 years there weren't any sign of breakthrough .As days
    goes by,i will always weep because at that time i was really down.
    Even though my wife tried to always be by my side,only time would
    tell as we couldn't cope with pressure coming from friends and she had to leave
    me for another man. I was now left to face my problem alone even
    though my mom would always talk to me and console me on phone. Things
    went from bad to worse when i was sacked from the private organization
    i was working because been happily married was a criteria that was
    needed and that i was now lacking owing to my failure to have a child that has made my
    wife leave me for another man leaving me single. I kept on
    searching and hoping i would find a solution to my problem but there
    wasn't any coming. I contacted lots of spell caster as i saw them on
    the internet but all were scams as they demanded money from me
    frequently and nothing happened. i had to relocate from Texas city
    United state to Jamaica where my mom was residing and also because i
    became racially abused because of my color .I spent 4 months with my
    mom and together we kept on looking for solution still to no avail.
    There came a faithful day when i met my high school mate who knew i
    was happily married and living in Texas city United state with my
    wife and had to ask why i flew back to Jamaica. I explained my
    problem to her and with sincere desire in wanting my problems solved
    she led me to Dr aluda. Although i was doubtful but soon as i
    explained my problem to him,he laughed and gave me a maximum of
    72 hours for my wife to come back and for she go give birth. I
    did all i was asked to do which included me traveling back to Texas
    city United state. I traveled back to Texas city united state,on my
    arrival during the early hours of the morning,my phone rang and guess
    who?it was my wife who called asking for my forgiveness and saying
    she was coming back home. She came few hours later and on her knees she
    pleaded for forgiveness. Although it was a tough decision for me to
    make because of all the pains i have been through. I love her and
    needed her back so i had no option but to forgive her. We sat together
    and while she was resting her head on my chest we had romantic
    conversation and talked about things that we have never spoken about
    and like husband and wife the urge came to have sex and we had sex for
    a very long time that day. The next day which was still within the
    72 hours given by Dr aluda she felt something different in her
    body and immediately she went for a check up and to our greatest
    surprise,she was pregnant. How possible could this be but it happened
    and am very thankful also my skin color that made me racially abused
    was changed to the preferred and now we are now happily married again
    and no racially discrimination. All thanks to Dr aluda for his
    solution.
    ARE YOU FACED WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM OR ANY KIND OF PROBLEM.PLEASE KNOW
    THAT Dr aluda isn't on the internet so kindly contact him via
    aludaspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete