Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Everlast Series: Books 1, 2 & 2.5

ISBN: 1481960121
Pages: 269
Source: Xpresso Book Tours
Appearance: 
16217699

Summary: 
Thirty years in the future, a sinister New York City exists in permanent darkness. 
A student at the secured NYU, nineteen-year-old Nadine has visions of Victor Gianni, an imaginary guy she has real feelings for. Afraid of being truly insane, she explains the visions away as simple daydreams, but she can no longer deny them when she bumps into Victor in real life. But this Victor doesn’t know her, and turns her away. After the encounter, Nadine’s visions change to those of eerie fates, gods she’s never heard of, demons with sharp claws they are not too timid to use … and instructions.
To discover if she’s losing her mind, Nadine follows the vague directions—with the real, rude and reluctant Victor—leading to a man who knows it all: Nadine can restore an ancient creed by unveiling the clues on her visions, and bring sunlight and peace to the world again. But that’s only if the demons and the other evil forces behind the darkness don’t stop her first.

ISBN: 1492897418
Pages: 334
Appearance: 
17617509

Summary:
It’s been three months since Nadine last heard from Victor, Micah or Ceris, allowing her to concentrate on her own life. But until Victor and Micah find the scepters that will restore them as true gods, their human bodies will require her healing touch and it’s only a matter of time until they wreak havoc on her life again. 
As if to prove that, Victor shows up at the hospital dragging along with him a swarm of demons. Nadine is forced to flee to safety. Despite her attempts to keep her loved ones protected, the demons find her, and they bring her to Imha, the goddess of Chaos.
Now, confronted by her greatest fear, Nadine finds a new motivation. Vengeance. And when seeking revenge, no risk is too great, including her own life.

ISBN: B00HSQFWCA
Pages: 62
Appearance: 
18301392

Summary:
His existence would mean nothing without her.
**Novella between book #2 and #3, told on Micah's POV**

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another series review!! Today I have the wonderful opportunity to review the first two books in the Everlast series as well as a novella from Micah's POV. Thanks so much to Xpresso Book Tours for providing a copy for review! Everything below is completely my opinion! :)

In regards to how the series started, the first half of the Destiny's Gift was really hard to get through. I personally could not connect with any of the characters despite the fact that I really loved the world that the story took place in. The second half on the other hand was full of suspense and action and definitely sucked me in. As for the characters...Nadine is such a naive person it kind of drives me insane. She has pretty awesome gifts but her naiveness was just really hard to look over. Then we have Victor. Victor from visions was all sweet and lovely, but real life Victor did nothing but get on my nerves. I wish we could have had more time with Vision Victor but I understand why it jumped suddenly to real life Victor. Got to keep the story moving! Then we have Micah. I'm on his team for this love triangle. He's got the accent, he's super sweet, and he made the story 100x more fun and interesting. Definitely wish we could have had more of him in the first book. Anyway, like I said, the world building is pretty good for the first book in a series. There's this air of hopelessness as NYC is now a post apocalyptic place with human sized bats and plauges and destruction. It's pretty cool. :)  

Soul Oath is probably my favorite out of the two full novels. There was just so much character development it took me a while to actually accept that who I was reading about were the same people as Destiny's Gift. Nadine goes from this naive albeit weak character to someone who is super kickbutt, fierce, and warrior life. She's learning how to fight with a sword, throw punches, and become a fighter. In Soul Oath I definitely connected more with her and so much to the point that I actually felt her emotions resonate through me. When she cried, my eyes welled up and a couple tears might even have trickled down my face. Maybe. Her character development in this book was absolutely amazing and applaudable. Victor also underwent some serious changes. He is now the leader of their little "gang" and with the world on his shoulders and his heart still stinging with betrayal, you really start to feel for him. While I had as little emotional connection to him in the first book, my heart definitely went out to him here. As for Micah, stay golden. He is still my favorite and makes my heart skip a beat. We get a little more Micah/Nadine action in this book which I definitely enjoyed. 

And last but not least, Cup of Life. This book was perfect. It gave us a little bit more of the story from the beautiful and gorgeous Micah's point of view. We get to see how dedicated and loyal he is to her and oh my gawds, cue the awws. I have nothing much to say about this book other than go read it and fangirl. Oh and make sure you have a pillow because you are definitely going to want to hug and squeeze something. 

So that's it! The Everlast series had somewhat of a slow start for me but it quickly sped up and I found myself super attached to the characters by the end. Definitely recommend, the first book might not be the best but it definitely gets better! Oh, here are some promo pics I found on Goodreads: 

SO Teaser 03
SO Teaser 01
↑ (screams) 

Destiny's Child
3 out of 5 stars
Soul Oath
4 out of 5 stars
 
Cup of Life
3.5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment