Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Save Me

ISBN: 1455572233
Pages: 288
Source: BookSparks
Publication Date: December 30, 2014
Appearance: 
22111707

Summary:
Daphne Mitchell has always believed in cause and effect, right and wrong, good and bad. The good: her dream job as a doctor; Owen, her childhood sweetheart and now husband; the beautiful farmhouse they're restoring together. In fact, most of her life has been good--until the day Owen comes home early from work to tell her he's fallen head over heels for someone else.
Unable to hate him, but also equally incapable of moving forward, Daphne's life hangs in limbo until the day Owen's new girlfriend sustains near-fatal injuries in a car accident. As Daphne becomes a pillar of support for the devastated Owen, and realizes that reconciliation may lie within her grasp, she has to find out whether forgiveness is possible and decide which path is the right one for her.
 

Hello everyone! Welcome to the LAST post of 2014! Let me take a minute to thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your day to reads this blog. I'm so grateful for your support and I hope that you guys have found everything to your liking. With that being said, I have one more review for you all before 2015 hits us!

Daphne thought her life was worked out. She had a stable job, the home of her dreams, a husband who loves her, and an adoring dog. With everything in place, she can finally begin to consider having a family. Then her husband comes home and drops the bomb: He's found someone else and has been seeing her for the past couple of months. Completely devastated by the news, Daphne has no idea how to react to his betrayal. After being married for ten years, there seems to be no other life other than the one she has built around them together. 

This book is one heck of an emotional roller coaster and it will take your emotions and throw them into a hurricane. From the very beginning, you get consumed by Daphne's overwhelming feelings of anger and betrayal. It's almost as if she doesn't know how to handle all the feelings and they just pour out of the book. It seems as if the book is laughing at you as it takes your emotions and completely destroys them. As the story progresses, it's a constant battle of the emotions as Daphne tries to piece her life together and discover if she wants to move on with her husband or start a new life. Seriously, how many times have I said emotions in this paragraph?

Daphne was a very relatable character but she can be a bit frustrating at times. The way her character was created gives a very clear image of her personality and in no time you are feeling the emotions she is feeling. The one thing that irritated me about her character was her indecisiveness. I feel like that's just me though because I wanted her to make a decision and move on, but she spent the book deciding which path to choose. However, that makes perfect sense to any other person because what she's going through is horrible, but for some random reason, I wanted her to move on with life. I guess I'm a lot like Annie...

I'm going to be very brief about my thoughts on Owen. I think what he did is completely despicable and how he acts afterward does not help his cause. I understand the pain he goes through in the book, but you get this big vibe from him that screams: I care about ME! Then he goes up in Daphne's face and complains about her relationship with Andrew, who I personally think is a great guy. Excuse me sir, so she can't have a friendship with another man but because you feel confused you can go have a full blown affair with another woman? Please tell me that doesn't make sense to you either.

The plot itself focuses a lot on Daphne growth and discovery of her independence. She spends the book reliving her past with Owen and deciding if that's something they can still return to as a couple. She definitely learns to branch out and discover herself as a person, separate from Owen. Daphne gets a small peek at life alone as well as a glimpse of a possible relationship in the future.

Overall, Save Me is a discovery book. It's a story about a woman who learns to stand back up on her feet and move on in life after being hit with a betrayal. I recommend this book but warning: Emotions!


3.5 out of 5 stars
 

Foreverly Obsessed,

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good :) Might check if they have this book in the local library. I'm new on your blog but I really like it, I'm going to visit more often :)
    ♥ blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! If you do try it out, let me know what you think! Thanks so much for commenting!!

      ~Riv

      Delete