Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays: Auto-Buy Authors


Hello everyone! Welcome back to another Top 10 Tuesday. Be sure to click the banner above to be directed to the Broke and Bookish's post and links to everyone else's post! So I'm kind of cheating a bit because I can't think of 10 auto-buy authors. I ended up splitting this post into two part. Part 1 is going to include my auto-buy authors and Part 2 will contain some authors whom I may own the first or second books and I'm waiting for the rest of their books to come out so I can buy them. Final thing before I get started, I'm probably not going to make it 10, but I'll try...Alright, let's get into the list:

PART 1: AUTO BUY
1. Amy Harmon
Amy Harmon
This is a no-brainer for me. I absolutely LOVE Amy Harmon's books and have preordered her last couple of books and waited till midnight to see them download on my Nook. 

2. Brandon Sanderson
Brandon Sanderson
Another not surprising author - every he releases a new book I begin to scour the interwebs for them. I'll admit that I won't buy his book immediately after release but if I see the books on the shelves (especially if it's on sale) then I'm definitely getting that book!

3. Patrick Rothfuss
Patrick Rothfuss
This man is basically a genius and I vow to buy everything he publishes - I mean I already have books one and two...

Part 2: AUTHORS ON THE WATCH LIST
4. N. K. Jemisin
N.K. Jemisin
I'm not sure if I should put her in Part 1 or 2. I own 5 out of her 6 books already and honestly admire her so much. The one thing holding me back is how the Broken Kingdoms didn't exactly ring with me, but she's still pretty amazing.

5. Scott Lynch
Scott Lynch
I've heard so many amazing things about the Gentlemen Bastards series and I already own the first book. Just patiently waiting for more books to come out before I get started!

6. Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas
Another author who I own the first book of her series and I'm waiting patiently for the rest of the books to come out. It's pretty self explanatory that I'm going to buy every book she publishes...

7. Stephanie Chong
Stephanie Chong
I absolutely loved her Company of Angels series (still waiting for the third book...) The writing in her novels are amazing and she always has these beautiful quotes and lessons in her stories.

8. Trudi Canavan
Trudi Canavan
I own 3 completely trilogies by her and earlier this year I just went on a Trudi Canavan book buying binge. Needless to say it's slowly wearing off but I'm still going to keep my eye out for her newest trilogy!

Alright that's my list! I know I didn't make it to 10, but I think these 8 encompass it all. I wish I had the money to buy all the books I want, but since that's not the case I mostly get my books from second hand book stores so I don't really have auto-buy authors? Either way hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know some of your auto-buys in the comments below!

Foreverly Obsessed,


No comments:

Post a Comment