Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review: The Dream Thieves

ISBN: 0545424941
Pages: 439
Source: Library
Publication Date: September 17, 2013
Appearance:
If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?
Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.
One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.
And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.
Ronan is one of the raven boys—a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface—changing everything in its wake.

Hello everyone! Today I'm finally putting up my review for the Dream Thieves. If you missed it, I explained a new way I'm going to be formatting my reviews (here) as well as why I've been gone for the past two weeks (here) so click on the links if you want to know! With that being said, let's get into the review~

This book actually took me a pretty long time to read it, but it wasn't because I didn't enjoy it. I kept putting it off, almost as if I was afraid to continue reading because I didn't want the book to end. The story picks up where the last book left off after Ronan blew my brain with his revelation that he pulled Chainsaw from his dreams even though he blatantly told us through the first book. Those hints...

The introduction of dream snatchers and greywarren just completely takes the story to a whole new level of amazing with the intricate detail and development. Joseph Kavinsky is probably the last character I would expect to have anything to do with the world that Blue and the guys are so invested in. Despite all the new twists that were thrown into the novel, it did suffer a tiny bit from middle book syndrome as some parts just seemed like a lot of developing but little action. The story mainly focuses around Ronan and his ability and Cabeswater just sort of disappears into the background.

I still love all the characters but Adam lost a couple points. His attitude was seemed so childish with the way he acted around Gansey. The guy literally can't help being a very concerned and giving person and Adam needs to stop shooting him down for every thing. I felt kind of bad for him when Blue came to the realization (and acceptance) that she liked Gansey, but his behavior throughout the entire novel just bugged me. Noah is still incredibly precious with everything that he does, he's literally too adorable for words. I also loved seeing more of Maura and her relationship with the Grey Man, this hit man who comes into town searching for greywarren and just so happens to start a relationship with Blue's mother. They make one of the strangest couples in the history of books, but I enjoyed the different aspects of their relationship and how the tiny bits from the Grey Man's POV revealed so much about the story.

The writing is still phenomenal and everything about this book was amazing. From the intricate world building and the freaky nightmare scenes, this book was a great read and it's taking so much self control to not continue on with the next book. I need to space it out so I won't be dying for the release of the last book.


4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment