Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Obelisk Gate

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


ISBN: 978-0316229265
Pages: 512
Publication Date: August 16, 2016 (Orbit)
The second novel in a new fantasy trilogy by Hugo, Nebula & World Fantasy Award nominated author N.K. Jemisin.THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD ENDS... FOR THE LAST TIME.
The season of endings grows darker as civilization fades into the long cold night. Alabaster Tenring – madman, world-crusher, savior – has returned with a mission: to train his successor, Essun, and thus seal the fate of the Stillness forever.
It continues with a lost daughter, found by the enemy.
It continues with the obelisks, and an ancient mystery converging on answers at last.
The Stillness is the wall which stands against the flow of tradition, the spark of hope long buried under the thickening ashfall. And it will not be broken.

I haven't gotten the chance to read the Fifth Season (Book 1) yet because I plan on reading the Dreamblood duology before I start but either way this cover is to die for and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Foreverly Obsessed,

2 comments:

  1. I saw the cover and immediately knew what series this book belongs to. I haven't started it yet, but now it looks like I have even more incentive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit the cover is a huge part of my excitement. I love NK Jemisin's covers so much! Thanks for commenting :)
      ~Riv

      Delete